The theme of our 2017 conference is 'United Until There's A Cure' and is all about uniting the bone cancer community in a forum like no other.
The Bone Cancer Conference will take place from 9am - 4pm on Saturday 22nd July 2017.
The conference will include complimentary refreshments throughout the day and lunch will be provided.
Following the conference we are holding our first inaugural 'Bone Cancer Ball', held in the same venue from 7pm onwards, making it a wonderful weekend to remember. To find out more information on our 'Bone Cancer Ball' and to purchase tickets, please click here.
The 2017 Bone Cancer Conference will include:
- Multiple large charity announcements
- 'Strictly Research 2017' - think Strictly Come Dancing meets Dragon's Den! Researchers looking for funding will pitch their research ideas to you and a scientific panel, you will then use voting cards to choose who you believe should be funded - the project & researcher with the most votes will then be crowned winner and receive full funding for their project!
- Talks by current and former patients
- Updates from our researchers on their current projects
- Presentations by international experts about diagnosis and treatment
- News of the latest developments in bone cancer research
- Plenty of opportunity to meet other patients and families
- Put questions to the specialists, from PhD researchers to healthcare professionals in interactive Q&A sessions
About our 2017 venue
Centrally located in the heart of England, adjacent to the NEC, the Hilton Birmingham Metropole is a purpose built conference centre and hotel offering excellent facilities, accessibility and transport links.
Accommodation & Parking
If you require overnight accommodation, rooms at the Hilton are being offered with a 10% discount when booked through this link. Alternatively there are a number of hotels next to or very close to the Hilton, including:
- Novotel Birmingham Airport
- Crowne Plaza Birmingham NEC
- Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
- Travelodge Birmingham Airport
- Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport
The Hilton Birmingham Metropole offers ample parking on site and is available at a discounted rate of £6 (for 24 hours) for our conference. A discount card will be given to you at the conference which will reduce your parking charge to £6 at the payment machine.
The hotel is located just off the junction of the M42 and A45 (Coventry Road). From the junction roundabout take the exit for Pendigo Way (sign posted NEC) then at the second roundabout turn left onto Harbet Drive and into the Hilton car park.
From Birmingham New Street Station, take the train to Birmingham International Station (10-15 mins). At Birmingham International Station, use the courtesy telephone (adjacent to Subway) to request a free shuttle bus transfer to the hotel. The journey from Birmingham International Station to the Hilton Birmingham Metropole hotel takes approximately 5 minutes. The free 24-hour service runs every 30 minutes.
You can fly into Birmingham International Airport from over 180 countries across Europe and America. From the airport take the free mono rail to Birmingham International rail station and follow the instructions given above,
Hilton Birmingham Metropole, The NEC Birmingham, Pendigo Way, Birmingham, B40 1PP