Our 300 mile, 4 day bike ride takes us through the beautiful Kent countryside to Dover, before crossing the Channel to Calais. Our route takes us along quiet French country lanes, through traditional market towns with views of the rolling, green fields of northern France, passing the war memorials and cemeteries of the Somme. The pièce de résistance of this cycle challenge will be the final cycle up the Champs Elysées to the Arc de Triomphe, following in the tyre tracks of the cycling greats, before watching them cycle the same route the next day in the finale of the Tour de France!
You don't need to be a fitness fanatic to do this challenge, the route is suitable for even the most occasional cyclist and the majority of people on the trip will not necessarily have done anything like this before.
Secure a charity place
We would love you to join #TeamBones! We ask that you pledge to raise the minimum fundraising target displayed on this page and in return we'll provide all the support you need to make your challenge a huge success. To secure one of our guaranteed charity places simply click the ‘Book Place’ button and complete an online application form.
I’ve got my own place
If you have secured your on place in the event we would love for you to join our team! You will receive the same support as a charity place participant and there is no fundraising target, we simply ask that you raise as much as you can. To join the team follow the 'I have my own place' link and complete the online form.
Why join #TeamBones
As part of #TeamBones you will receive all of this…
- A free fundraising pack
- Technical #TeamBones cycling top
- Iron on letters to personalise your running top
- A dedicated contact to support you with your challenge
Most importantly we will provide you with an incredible reason to put in those months of training and fundraising, because you know that your efforts are going towards saving lives and improving outcomes for people affected by primary bone cancer.
Fundraising Options Explained:
Raising a Minimum Sponsorship: You pay the non-refundable Registration Fee to Global Adventure Challenges. In addition, you then commit to raising the minimum sponsorship as shown. You send the sponsorship money to your chosen charity as you raise it. 80% of the minimum sponsorship MUST be received by the charity no later than 11 weeks before departure. Failure to do so may mean non-participation in the challenge. Your chosen charity will decide when the remaining 20% should be received - this is a normally a couple of weeks after your return to the UK. Proof of pledges may be required. The balance of the challenge costs will be paid for you by your charity out of the sponsorship raised. Please do try and raise as much as you can, as every penny you raise over the minimum sponsorship will be retained by your charity too. Please note, you will also be required to contribute towards the cost of Airport Taxes and Fuel Surcharge (if applicable)
Self-Funding: You pay the non-refundable Registration Fee to Global Adventure Challenges. 10 weeks before departure, you will receive an invoice to pay the challenge balance. This is in addition to the Registration Fee and is to be paid no later than 8 weeks prior to departure. Although there is no minimum sponsorship target, you are encouraged to raise as much as possible for your charity should you choose to fundraise. Please note, you will also be required to contribute towards the cost of Airport Taxes and Fuel Surcharge (if applicable).