Julie Rhyder is completing the Southwest Coastal Path Challenge in memory of her son Ken. The hike will take place over 8 weeks, covering 630 miles and Julie would love people to join her!
Join Julie for all or part of The Longest National Trail in the UK
The challenge begins on 28th May 2018 at 8am at the celebratory marker on the seafront at Minehead in Somerset and continues for 8 weeks, finishing on the 25th July 2018 at South Haven Point, Poole, Dorset.
- 630 miles of coastal path
- 8 weeks of walking through level sea fronts, crossing open fields, through woodlands, ascending up to rugged cliff top paths, descending into coastal villages and towns
- Take part for anything from an hour, to a day, a week or even the whole event
- The hike will go ahead in all weathers
- Raising awareness of primary bone cancer
- Fundraising for Ken's Tribute Fund
Download the full 8-week itinerary to see where Julie will be each day, how far she will be walking and how difficult the walk will be (graded from easy to severe).
Whether it's for a mile or much more, Julie will be delighted to have your company and you will not be disappointed with the wildlife, geology, harbour and sea views.
There is no obligation, but if you'd like to collect sponsorship please complete this form and we will send you a fundraising pack and a Team Bones top.
You can follow Julie's progress through her training and during the 8 weeks of her walk by subscribing to her blog here.