We recognise that our ability to fund research is limited by our physical and financial resources. Therefore, we aim to maximise the impact of our grants by encouraging research that is likely to win support from larger funding bodies in due course.
There is great value in collaborative research. Finding a cure depends on the cooperation of many experts, some of whom will have not worked in bone cancer research to-date.
We place special emphasis on:
- Nurturing the careers of early-stage research staff with an interest in bone cancer research
- Working with research teams to develop their research ideas through an innovative pilot grant scheme
- Supporting proposals which are likely to win support from larger funding bodies
- Encouraging collaboration between research groups
- Encouraging interdisciplinary team work and partnership
- Facilitating access to primary tissue and clinical data