Starting with your back tyres dipped in the Irish Sea in the seaside town of Whitehaven, your cycle challenge encompasses some of the best scenery Britain has to offer as we tackle the tough 136-mile ride to Tynemouth.

The fully supported route takes in long, steep climbs over some of the highest passes in the Lake District and some equally impressive descents that will really blow the cobwebs away. You will pass woodland and pine forests, lakes, streams and moorland quilted with purple heather.

From the stunning mountains of the Lake District to the beautiful open moors of the Northern Pennines – all you have to do is hop on your bike and enjoy! Two coastlines, one objective. Join us today on this awesome charity bike ride!

So what are you waiting for? Join this #TeamBones adventure today & cycle until there's a cure.

When you join a #TeamBones adventure you receive:

  • A FREE #TeamBones hoodie, cycle jersey & water bottle when you hit your fundraising target ready for your adventure
  • A dedicated contact right here at #TeamBones HQ who will give you one to one support all the way
  • Lots of fundraising support, materials, ideas and tips

Most importantly we will provide you with an incredible reason to put in those months of training and fundraising, because you know that your efforts are going towards saving lives and improving outcomes for people affected by primary bone cancer.


Fundraising options explained

Option A:

Raising a Minimum Sponsorship: You pay the non-refundable Registration Fee to Global Adventure Challenges. In addition, you then commit to raising the minimum sponsorship as shown. 80% of the minimum sponsorship MUST be received by BCRT no later than 11 weeks before departure. Failure to do so may mean non-participation in the challenge. BCRT will decide when the remaining 20% should be received - this is a normally a couple of weeks after your return to the UK. Proof of pledges may be required. The balance of the challenge costs will be paid for you by your charity out of the sponsorship raised. Please do try and raise as much as you can, as every penny you raise over the minimum sponsorship will help fund out life saving work. Please note, you will also be required to contribute towards the cost of Airport Taxes and Fuel Surcharge (if applicable)

Option B:

Self-Funding: You pay the non-refundable Registration Fee to Global Adventure Challenges. 10 weeks before departure, you will receive an invoice to pay the challenge balance. This is in addition to the Registration Fee and is to be paid no later than 8 weeks prior to departure. Although there is no minimum sponsorship target, you are encouraged to raise as much as possible for your charity should you choose to fundraise. Please note, you will also be required to contribute towards the cost of Airport Taxes and Fuel Surcharge (if applicable).

If you have any questions please email us at fundraising@bcrt.org.uk