Join the inaugural Derwent Dams #TeamBonesTrek around some of the Peak District's most scenic reservoirs.
Suitable for all the family, this trek along footpaths and bridleways circles Howden, Derwent and Lady Bower reservoirs providing stunning views from every angle. This is the perfect challenge for individuals, families, keen walkers and beginners alike, so lace up your walking boots and trek with Team Bones, until there's a cure!
Register bright and early at Fairhlomes Visitor Centre and be ready to embark on your route of choice...
- 10 mile route: Take on the 10 mile challenge, circling Derwent and Howden Reservoirs whilst experiencing incredible views of the valley. Click here for a taster of just how awesome the views really are!
- 15 mile route: One for those seeking a more challenging distance! Complete an additional 5 miles around the stunning Lady Bower Reservoir before heading back to the finish line at Fairholmes Visitor Centre to collect your well-deserved finisher's medal
No ordinary walk in the park
Not only will you be surrounded by an abundance of nature on your trek, you will also visit the site where 617 Squadron practised low-level flying in preparation for the Dam-Buster raids of WW2, pass by the Great Oak Tree planted by King George VI in 1945 and, for those on the longer route, you will skirt around Lady Bower Reservoir, beneath which lies the flooded Village of Derwent.
What are you waiting for? Sign up today and be part of the first ever Derwent Dams #TeamBonesTrek. We'll see you at the start line!
As part of #TeamBones you will receive:
- Your very own #TeamBonesTrek finisher's medal once you cross the finish line
- #TeamBones t-shirt to wear on your adventure
- Hands on support throughout your #TeamBones challenge, with a dedicated contact at #TeamBones HQ
Most importantly we will provide you with an incredible reason to put in those months of training and fundraising, because you know that your efforts are going towards saving lives and improving outcomes for people affected by primary bone cancer.
Please read through the Conditions of Entry before signing up.