At an altitude of 3,300m, you'll spend our first day acclimatising by taking a trek around the famous Inca sites surrounding Cusco – a great way to begin your trek.

This classic Inca Trail encompasses 3 high mountain passes – the highest being 4,200m. The trek will be tough and will certainly test you, but upon witnessing the sight of Machu Picchu through the Sun Gate mirrored with breathtaking views across the Andes you efforts are more than worthwhile.

To find out more about this once in a lifetime challenge, take a look at the event brochure here.

Please note: All open challenge participant ill be invoiced £200 for a mandatory trekking permit prior to the challenge. This is in addition to the minimum sponsorship or challenge balance.

Available dates

13th - 22nd May 2022
29th July - 27th August 2022
28th October - 6th November 2022
4th - 13th November 2022
19th - 28th May 2023
28th July - 6th August 2023
3rd - 12th November 2023

Secure a palce with #TeamBones

We would love you to join #TeamBones! We ask that you pledge to raise the minimum fundraising target displayed on this page and in return we'll provide all the support you need to make your challenge a huge success. To secure one of our guaranteed charity places simply click either of the dates above and complete an online application form.

I’ve got my own place

If you have secured your on place in the event we would love for you to join our team! You will receive the same support as a charity place participant and there is no fundraising target, we simply ask that you raise as much as you can. To join the team follow the 'I have my own place' link and complete the online form.

Why join #TeamBones

As part of #TeamBones you will receive all of this…

  • A free fundraising pack
  • Technical #TeamBones top and hoodie
  • Iron on letters to personalise your top
  • A dedicated contact to support you with your challenge

Most importantly we will provide you with an incredible reason to put in those months of training and fundraising, because you know that your efforts are going towards saving lives and improving outcomes for people affected by primary bone cancer.

Fundraising options explained

Option A:

Raising a Minimum Sponsorship: You pay the non-refundable Registration Fee to Global Adventure Challenges. In addition, you then commit to raising the minimum sponsorship as shown. Y 80% of the minimum sponsorship MUST be received by BCRT no later than 11 weeks before departure. Failure to do so may mean non-participation in the challenge. BCRT will decide when the remaining 20% should be received - this is a normally a couple of weeks after your return to the UK. Proof of pledges may be required. The balance of the challenge costs will be paid for you by your charity out of the sponsorship raised. Please do try and raise as much as you can, as every penny you raise over the minimum sponsorship will help fund our life-saving work. Please note, you will also be required to contribute towards the cost of Airport Taxes and Fuel Surcharge (if applicable)

Option B:

Self-Funding: You pay the non-refundable Registration Fee to Global Adventure Challenges. 10 weeks before departure, you will receive an invoice to pay the challenge balance. This is in addition to the Registration Fee and is to be paid no later than 8 weeks prior to departure. Although there is no minimum sponsorship target, you are encouraged to raise as much as possible for your charity should you choose to fundraise. Please note, you will also be required to contribute towards the cost of Airport Taxes and Fuel Surcharge (if applicable).

If you have any questions please email us at fundraising@bcrt.org.uk