Taking part in a local event with friends, neighbours or work colleagues, brings people together to have fun while raising vital funds for bone cancer research.
You can help us to make a difference to the lives of primary bone cancer patients and their families. Whether you are looking to fundraise, volunteer, take part in an event, campaign, get your company to support us or make a donation, we are here to turn your ideas into inspirational activities. You may also find our online materials section useful when thinking about what to do.
Need some inspiration? Here are some ideas...
- Go Orange for the Bone Cancer Research Trust! Dye your hair orange, wear an orange outfit or bake some orange treats. Let your imagination run wild…
- Rummage through your fancy dress cupboard and get in character! Hold a murder mystery party for you and your friends. Ask for donations and get guests to place bets on the murderer.
- Brave the shave! Get sponsored to shave your head for primary bone cancer patients. Remember to take before and after pictures.
- Come Dine with me! Take it in turns amongst you and your friends to host a dinner party. Get competitive and ask guests to pay what they think the meal was worth and see who raises the most.
- Organise a quiz for you and your colleagues and get your boss to be the quiz master!
- Dress down Friday! Ask colleagues to make a small donation to wear their own clothes.
- Get people to donate their services in lieu for sponsorship - you could even get your boss to be the tea lady for the day.
- Bake It For Bone Cancer - raising awareness at your local club, place of work, a local fete, is a great way to let people know about our important work and is a wonderful opportunity to sell all those delicious cakes you have been baking.
- Arrange a collection in a local supermarket or nominate us for one of their charity 'token' schemes. Most supermarkets will be happy to agree to a collection if you plan it well in advance.
- Cycle to work day - Here's a wheelie great fundraising idea: ask friends, family and colleagues to ride to work and donate their bus/train fares or petrol allowance. Thumbs up for pedal power!
- Spring Clean - 'One man's trash is another man's treasure'. Spring is the perfect time to declutter your wardrobe and upcycle all things unworn, so why wait? Hold that car boot sale or swish you've been talking about for ages. And, by donating some of the proceeds to BCRT, you'll not only be transforming other people's wardrobes but also the lives of people affected by primary bone cancer.
- Unleash your inner diva on a karaoke night.
- Hold a sleepover for the kids, charge them entry for a movie or games night.
- Are you a member of a group or club? Your group could help us by nominating the Bone Cancer Research Trust as Charity of The Year.