We will provide you with all the support and materials you need to help you with your fantastic fundraising efforts.
The Bone Cancer Research Trust relies entirely on public support to continue it's life-saving work - we appreciate every penny donated to the charity. Our streamline processes and dedication means that when you donate to us, you can rest assured that your money is being put to the best possible use in the fight against primary bone cancer.
For every £1 donated*
64p was spent fighting primary bone cancer during the year
35p was spent on fundraising during the year
1p was spent on governance during the year
How effective is our fundraising?
We pride ourselves on only using the best possible methods of fundraising to support our life saving work. For every £1 we spend on fundraising, we generate £2.96* for our life saving work.
In 2018 we raised £1,413,550 for our vital work and committed £1,228,531 to new and ongoing charitable activities to fight primary bone cancer. That's 87p from every £1 donated.
*Based on 2018 figures
The Bone Cancer Research Trust is registered with the Fundraising Regulator. We follow the Institute of Fundraising's Code of Fundraising Practice and comply with the key principles embodied in the Code and in this Promise:
We Are Committed to High Standards
- We do all we can to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds comply with the Code and with this Promise
- We comply with the law including those that apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment
We Are Honest and Open
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate
- We do what we say we are going to do
- We answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs. Please contact us, visit our website or see our Annual Report and Accounts if you require further details
We Are Clear
- We are clear about who we are, what we do and how your gift is used
- Where we have a promotional agreement with a commercial company, we make clear how much of the purchase price we receive
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment
We Are Respectful
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and beneficiaries
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision
- If you tell us that you don't want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so
We Are Fair and Reasonable
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence
- We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption
We Are Accountable
- If you are unhappy with anything we've done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint
- We have a complaints procedure, a copy of which is available on request
If you have any concerns about the Bone Cancer Research Trust and would like to make a formal complaint, please follow our complaints procedure.
Whatever your reason for fundraising, your local community will want to know about it and the media is a vital tool to help. By sharing your story, you will be helping to raise the profile of Bone Cancer Research Trust and give your fundraising efforts a boost in the process!
Download our Media Guide for Fundraisers - packed with hints, tips and advice on getting the best from your fundraising story.
If you have any questions about putting your press release together, just contact our Communications and Stewardship Officer Rosie Wilson on 0113 258 5934 or email email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in raising funds for the Bone Cancer Research Trust ("BCRT"). Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they apply to all voluntary fundraising activity and you are therefore required to comply with them:
- You agree to organise fundraising activities as an independent supporter of BCRT. You should therefore refer to raising money "in aid of" BCRT, rather than on BCRT's behalf.
- You agree that you shall comply with any instructions or guidance provided by BCRT relating to your fundraising activity.
- You will be responsible for any costs, taxes or expenses incurred or arising in connection with your fundraising activity.
- You accept that any risks arising out of your fundraising activity are your responsibility, including liability for any injury or loss which may occur to you, your helpers or guests. You will therefore take all reasonable precautions to protect the health and safety of all those participating in, involved with or attending your activity.
- You will comply with any applicable laws and regulations relating to your fundraising activity, including obtaining any necessary licenses, consents or permissions e.g. if you are holding a raffle or lottery, or are proposing to sell alcohol.
- You acknowledge and accept that BCRT's insurance policy will not cover your fundraising activities.
- You will not do anything that threatens BCRT's reputation or name. If you do, BCRT has the right to ask you to stop your fundraising activity immediately.
- You agree to pay all of the proceeds raised by your fundraising event to BCRT as soon as possible after the event (and subject to any agreed timescale), and in accordance with BCRT's instructions. You may not deduct any costs unless agreed in writing with BCRT.
- You shall encourage donors and/or sponsors to make Gift Aid declarations where eligible, which may enable us to recover basic rate tax on such donations. Further information about the Gift Aid scheme can be found on our website at http://www.bcrt.org.uk/
- Unless BCRT has provided you with branded materials as a result of your registration, you may only use the BCRT name and logo for your fundraising activities with our written permission, and in accordance with the BCRT Brand Guidelines. To apply for permission, you will need to let us know how you propose to use the BCRT name and/or logo on your own materials by contacting us, and provide us with examples and/or samples of such use if we request it.
- If you provide photographs or videos taken during your fundraising activity to BCRT, you agree that these may be used by BCRT for commercial and/or fundraising purposes. By sending these to us, you are also confirming that anyone featuring prominently in the photograph or video is aged 16 or over, and that they have consented to their image being used in this way.
- If you are under 18, you confirm that you have shown these terms and conditions to your parent/guardian, and they have agreed to accept responsibility for complying with these terms and conditions.
- You agree that the Bone Cancer Research Trust can use the details that you have provided to discuss your fundraising activity and follow up on your progress.