The Bone Cancer Research Trust is committed to protecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.bcrt.org.uk, www.bcrt.ie, www.bonecancerresearch.org.uk or www.bonecancerresearch.ie (the Website) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) the data controller is Bone Cancer Research Trust (BCRT) Charitable Incorporated Organisation number: 1159590 whose registered office is at 10 Feast field, Horsforth, Leeds, LS18 4TJ.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, make a donation, place an order on our Website, participate in BCRT events, enquire about our activities or receive our services (including but not limited to our support services) and when you report a problem in connection with our Website. The information you give to us may include your name, address, email address, phone number and financial / credit card information.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to the Website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
2. How do we use this information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- To provide you with the information, products and services you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- To make suggestions or recommendations to you and other users of our website about the goods and services that may interest you and them.
3. How do we protect personal information?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology]. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. Disclosure of your information
BCRT will never share, sell or swap your details with third party organisations.
5. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes [or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes]. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the details within clause  of this policy.
6. Your consent
By providing us with your personal data, you consent to the collection and use of any information you provide in accordance with the above purposes and this privacy statement.
7. Right of access
You have the right to access information we hold about you (for which we may charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with such information). Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
8. Changes to personal information
If your personal details change, please help us to keep your information up to date by notifying us at the above address.
9. Do we use 'Cookies'?
'Cookies' are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. Essentially it takes the form of a small text file deposited on your computer's hard drive.
If you want to prevent our cookies being stored on your computer in future, you may do so by referring to your internet browser's instructions. Further information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement. If we do so, we will post notice of the change on our website and you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
If you have any queries about this statement, please email us at: email@example.com
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
Bone Cancer Research Trust
10 Feast Field