In October last year we launched our first ever Stamp Appeal and we asked our supporters to collect used and new stamps and post them to us. Your support has been incredible and we have already raised over £8,000 in funds for our life-saving work.
The Stamp Appeal is run by one of our wonderful volunteers, Terri Bush. On the 5th April 2018, Terri will be celebrating her 50th birthday and she is asking you to send her a birthday card so she can collect your stamps.
Terri aims to receive 50,000 birthday cards for her 50th birthday. 50,000 stamps from the birthday cards enables us to provide patients and their families that are undergoing life-altering surgery and treatment with vital support and information. It will also enable us to invest more into desperately needed research for this devastating disease.
For my 50th birthday I'm asking people to post me a birthday card so I can save the stamps and turn them into funds for the Bone Cancer Research Trust. I really want to make a difference to the lives of people affected by primary bone cancer. I hope to receive 50,000 birthday cards and to help me achieve this I'm calling on the generosity of the public.
How can you help Terri get 50,000 birthday cards and more stamps than ever before?
- Send Terri a birthday card and she can save the stamp from the envelope
- Save your stamps and send them along with Terri’s birthday card – An extra birthday surprise for Terri!
- Ask your local schools to get involved – maybe the children would like to send Terri a birthday card
- Ask local business and medical practices to save their stamps
- Help us spread the word on social media. We want to reach everyone that wants to make a difference to patients and their families that are affected by primary bone cancer
Please send your birthday cards and stamps to Terri at 50th Birthday Stamp Appeal, 20 Bowers Road, Benfleet, Essex, SS7 5PZ
To find out more about the Stamp Appeal click here