Lucy Verity was diagnosed with Ewing sarcoma in February 2021 and is currently undergoing treatment. Following her diagnosis, Lucy’s family, friends and local community have been completing just about every fundraiser going, to not only raise life-saving awareness, but vital funds too.
An incredible £17,000 has already been raised for the Bone Cancer Research Trust and Teenage Cancer Trust by her fabulous family and friends.
Mat Cottle-Shaw, Head of Fundraising and Communications at the Bone Cancer Research Trust, said:
Thank you so much and a huge well done to everyone who has taken on an event or challenge to raise life-saving funds for our research, which we hope one day will mean that young people, like Lucy, won’t have to face this brutal disease. I would also like to take this opportunity to send Lucy and her family our very best wishes at this difficult time.
There have been so many incredible fundraisers happening over the last couple of months and Lucy’s family wanted to share a special thank you:
We are so incredibly grateful for the support our friends, family, community, colleagues and businesses have shown us in supporting Lucy’s chosen charities both with donations and events and sponsorship. Their efforts have been superb and we’ve loved seeing photos of some of the events. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Keep sharing, keep donating, keep organising events - Together we are stronger.
Here’s a snapshot of what’s been going on in and around Lucy’s local area...
- Oliver (Lucy’s brother), ran a mile an hour for 24 hours! He stayed awake all night with the help of very strong coffee.
- Lucy’s Auntie Frankie and her friend Jo Living held a car boot stall at Bedale and raised the amazing sum of £550.
- Freddie Cleary performed solo acoustic rock/pop/folk at Ripon Arcade and raised a fantastic £245!
- Helen Patchett hosted a supper and raised an astounding £330.
- Yvonne Smith from Masham Ladies Cricket team took part in Endure24, an epic 24 hour team challenge in Leeds. Yvonne ran a staggering 70 miles in total and raised several hundred pounds in sponsorship!
- Georgia, Ellie and Sarah Stansfield and her family held a cake stall and tombola at Masham Market Place, Ellie also sold pre-ordered baking from her home! They raised a staggering £1,011.
- Masham Primary School raised an amazing total of £586! The school raised £316 from their tombola and another fantastic £270 from their dress down day by dressing in Lucy’s favourite colours - blue and green!
- Lucy’s Auntie Frankie hosted an outdoor Moroccan supper for her friends, alongside a fabulous clothes swap!
- Jo Flynn hosted a Tropic Skincare Party and raised an amazing £200.
- Lucy’s cousin, Ellie Farrow, and her friends Katie Thomson and Rachel Firth took part in the Leeds 12km Total Warrior!
- Roger’s Butchers raffled off a fabulous Mason’s Gin Hamper, raising a fantastic £354! Well done to the winner, Phil Day!
- Julie Dow hosted an Afternoon Tea at her home and raised an outstanding £725.
- Katherine Dale is taking on her own challenge of walking 260km – the distance it takes to walk from her Oxford home to her Yorkshire home!
- Bedale Nursery held a ‘Dress as a Superhero’ Week, raising over £1,700! What an incredible total and a fantastic way to raise funds!
- Emmeline, one of Lucy’s neighbours, committed to cycling to school every day for 6 weeks and raised over £160 in sponsorship! Well done Emmeline!
What an amazing couple of months it’s been so far, and the fundraising doesn’t stop there! Lucy’s family and friends have got a jam-packed summer of fundraising activities coming up! Visit their dedicated fundraising page to show your support and find out what they’ve got planned.