Bone cancer doesn't stop for COVID-19. As a charity, we rely almost entirely on the donations and generosity of individuals like you. Following the cancellation of lots of fundraising events due to COVID-19, we need your support more than ever to try and minimise the extent of the impact this will have on our life-saving work.
Team Bones at Home
We are incredibly grateful to have such a wonderful #TeamBones community, willing to help us through these difficult times. So, we've put together some fundraising ideas for everyone, that you can do whilst staying safe. There are so many ways to get involved; from a socially distanced bake sale, to taking part in one of our virtual challenges, to becoming a Lifeshaver for Team Bones!
Our priority is the health and wellbeing of all our supporters, volunteers and donors. If you're running your own event, please follow government guidance for your local area.
If you can still do your fundraising with some adjustments, please do! It’s vital that at this uncertain time we continue to support the bone cancer community. This might mean doing a challenge at home, or holding your event online with friends and family. You may also be able to postpone your activity or event until a later date.
If you were due to take part in a challenge event run by BCRT, please visit our events FAQs to help with any questions.
We're here as always (just at home!) to help with your fundraising, so please do get in touch with any questions. We'd love to hear from you!
Our favourite ideas...
Whatever you choose to do, with virtual fundraising you can support Team Bones while also safely banishing those self isolation blues. Why not share whatever you do with your friends and family, to get them involved and give everyone a smile! You can set up a JustGiving page for them to donate.
- Online shopping - support us by shopping online as normal
- Hold a virtual birthday bash - celebrate your lockdown birthday with BCRT
- Be a Lifeshaver - cut (or grow!) your hair to support BCRT
- Hold a movie night with your friends on Netflix Party - you could ask them to donate the price of a cinema ticket!
- Host a quiz night - gather your friends on Zoom or HouseParty and test their skills for a donation!
- Virtual dinner party/drinks - get together with your friends or family with the magic of technology. You could ask people to donate what they would spend on a drink!
- Are you a budding musician? You could ask for donations to give a live performance on social media
- Got time on your hands to hone your gaming skills? Why not take part in a sponsored gaming marathon? You could even stream your game on Twitch!
- Feeling like Marie Condo? You could use this time to have a spring clear out, and sell your unwanted items on Ziffit to raise funds for BCRT. It couldn't be easier - just scan the barcodes, then their free courier service will collect your boxes and donate to your Virgin Money Giving page for BCRT
- If you're working from home, you're probably saving a lot from not grabbing a takeaway coffee or sandwich. If you can, you could donate what you've saved to BCRT
- If you're anything like us, you'll be fed up of a certain word by now! Why not make a coronavirus swear jar for your family, and give £1 every time you say the dreaded word?
- Finally reading those books piling up on your shelf? Why not use this as an opportunity to chat with friends and family, with a virtual book club! You could donate what you would normally spend on drinks and snacks
- Are you using the time to learn a new skill? You could hold a crafternoon with your friends
We'd love to hear your ideas, and see what you do with ours! Share your ideas and your pictures with us on social media, or get in touch at email@example.com. We might even give you a shout out!